PARK AVE KIDS
At Park Avenue, we celebrate children as participants in our church family. We commit to empowering children and families to practice faith together and grow in the love of Christ. We hope all children feel like they belong to our faith community.
• lead in scripture readings, music and prayer on sunday mornings
• have a special Children’s moment every week
• work on worship in children’s church (pre-k) and with worship activity
• learn memory verses and bible stories in sunday morning community
• engage with god’s story through creative activities including skits, games and crafts
• join together once a month for first Friday Recharge
• serve God’s world through local and global missions activities
• serve with their families at family service days
• learn what it means to “love your neighbor as you love yourself”
• celebrate major life events, including baby dedications, baptisms and others
• celebrate events in the life of Christ through engaging in the liturgical calendar
• celebrate each other by practicing kindness, love and grace
Nursery care is provided for infants - age 3 during regular church services and programs on Sunday mornings 9:45-12. Consistent caregivers provide stability and create a safe, nurturing space for our youngest children.
First-time nursery guests will be asked to fill out a Child Information Sheet (download here).
Questions? Contact Pastor Darci
Children's Moment & Children's Church
We have a Children’s Moment during every Sunday service, where children come to the front of the sanctuary with a Pastor or Reverend. We apply the sermon theme and scripture to the children at an age appropriate level to help them connect to God’s message of hope and love.
-Children’s Church. After the Children’s Moment, 2nd graders and younger exit to the children’s area for Children’s Church, where they learn skills and tools for worship to better see, hear, and feel God’s love as they grow. We prepare young children to enter full-time worship with their families as first graders.
-Worship Bags. 3rd graders and older children can use one of the worship bags with activities that guide them through the worship hour and help them better engage in scripture readings, music, and the sermon.